[Syrphidae] freeze desinfection of insect drawers

Christian Kehlmaier Kehlmaier at web.de
Tue Oct 17 15:40:12 BST 2006

Uuups ... I thought I was writing to Frank directly.

Put the drawers into plastic bags and leave them in the freezer for 4-5 days. In case the drawers are infested, leave them at room temperature for a week after taking them out and freeze them a second time. That way, any eggs, that can well withstand such low temperatures, can hatch and the beasties will then get frozen in the second round.

Christian.