[Syrphidae] Syrphidae flight

Bastiaan Wakkie bwakkie at syrphidae.com
Fri Jul 21 19:21:24 BST 2006

Hi all,

Today I got an email with the question: "'How' does the fly 'hover'?"
And how does the mechanism physically work in the way that it can change
direction so quickly. I had to admit to myself that I was lacking this
basic knowledge of a behaviour I have seen more than half of my
live  ;-)

Someone knows (a direction to look for)?

Greetings from almost dry cooked Brussels,
Bastiaan Wakkie
Bastiaan Wakkie

PS.: "If you have interesting Syrphidae news but you find it not
suitable for this list try:  http://www.syrphidae.com"

ATTENTION:
Last few weeks my site was down due to a movement of the server (and
myself along with it)

New address:
Bastiaan Wakkie
Brouwerijstraat 64-3