[Syrphidae] type material from Bezzi

christian thompson cthompson at sel.barc.usda.gov
Thu Jun 30 09:46:40 BST 2005

Jens-Hermann:

It would be useful to know the name of the species that you are looking
for the type of. As far as I know, Bezzi never described a syrphid from
the Philippines. He did described 76 other species from there.

Are you looking for Stylogaster bakeri? We have a single Baker specimen
here which could be called a metatype.

Cheers

F. Christian Thompson
Systematic Entomology Lab., USDA
c/o Smithsonian Institution
MRC-0169 NHB
PO Box 37012
Washington, DC 20013-7012
(202) 382-1800 voice
(202) 786-9422 FAX
cthompso at sel.barc.usda.gov e-mail
www.diptera.org  web site

>>> jstuke at zfn.uni-bremen.de 06/30/05 08:08AM >>>
Dear colleagues!

I am looking for a type of a fly described by Bezzi from the
Philippines. Concerning the information in Horn & Kahle the material of

the Bezzi collection should be in the "Mus. Civ. Stor. Nat. Mailand".
Does anyone know someone whom I could ask about the collection?

Thank you very much,

Jens-Hermann Stuke