[Syrphidae] Help with Thompsons key

christian thompson syrphidae@nottingham.ac.uk
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:55:54 -0400

There is an ERROR in couplet #6

6. Postmetacoxal bridge complete ......... 55 [not 58]
-   Postmetacoxal bridge incomplete ... etc.

This effects only 3 genera (Ceriogaster, Austroascia & Valdiviomyia)
and only the first (Ceriogaster) occurs in Colombia.

Sorry

F. Christian Thompson
Systematic Entomology Lab., USDA
c/o Smithsonian Institution
MRC-0169 NHB
PO Box 37012
Washington, DC 20013-7012
(202) 382-1800 voice
(202) 786-9422 FAX
cthompso@sel.barc.usda.gov e-mail
www.diptera.org  web site

>>> ncarrejo@gmail.com 10/14/04 11:01AM >>>
Salutes:
I am currently working with the key of the genera of the flower flies
of the Neotropical region (1999), on a investigation project of the
colombian syrphidae, and I have a question on the 55 item:
1. Is the 55 item provenient of the sixth item?
2. Does the 55 item refers to the 58 item?

I would really apreciatte all your help and comments

Nancy Carrejo
Universidad del Valle
Cali-Colombia