[Syrphidae] Pterallastes sp.

Gerard Pennards syrphidae@nottingham.ac.uk
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:08:01 +0200

Dear all,
I have spend my vacation in Greece this year, part of it in the North West,
in the Zagoria region.
In the Pindos mountains i visited the Vikos Gorge, and here I have caught a
female syrphid that seems to be a member of the genus Pterallastes! I
identified it with the manual of Nearctic Diptera and a website about asian
Syrphidae with pictures, for there seem to be no records and/or keys of this
genus regarding Europe. Can anyone provide me with more information on this
genus, the species and the countries they live in? I know in eastern North
America their is a P. thoracicus.
Thanks in advance,
Gerard Pennards

MSN Zoeken, voor duidelijke zoekresultaten! http://search.msn.nl