[Syrphidae] Re: Tenerife

Michael Bourandas mlbourandas@earthlink.net
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 18:59:04 -0800

imposition on you, I would like some syrphids and asilids. In
exchange, I would be happy to send Californian syrphids to you. I live
in northern California and spring is just arriving in this area. There
is still snow in the mountains, but at the lower elevations the spring
flowers are just coming out.

Although I now teach high school, my BA & MA (male-specific glands in
Dolichopodidae) were in entomology. I still actively collect and
maintain a large fly colelction. I have almost no specimens from
outside the USA, but want to branch out. I hope that you are
interested in acquiring some North American specimens and we can
arrange an exchange.

Sincerely yours,

Michael L. Bourandas