[Syrphidae] Myolepta

Menno Reemer m_reemer@hotmail.com
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 12:19:26

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have started to work on a review of the western palearctic species of the genus Myolepta Newman. This will include a key, drawings of the genitalia, distribution maps and the description of a new species from Turkey. I want to examine as many specimens as possible. Because in collections Myolepta species are generally not represented in large numbers, I&nbsp;would appreciate your help.</DIV>
<DIV>If you have any specimens of one or more Myolepta species in your collection, then please be so kind to let me study them. It is not possible for me to travel all over Europe, so I hope you are willing to send me the specimens. I will return them to you as soon as&nbsp;possible. I will dissect the male genitalia, but I will treat them with caution. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Many thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Best wishes,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Menno Reemer</DIV>
<DIV>National Museum of Natural History</DIV>
<DIV>Postbus 9517</DIV>
<DIV>2300 RA Leiden</DIV>
<DIV>The Netherlands</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>