[Syrphidae] Portevinia Cheil. fasciata

Ian Wynne i.wynne@ucl.ac.uk
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 20:07:42 +0100

Dear All,

Over the last few years I have been studying the Population structure of
Portevinia in the UK using molecular markers. I have been gathering
information so as to get an accurate picture of the distribution of the
host plant (Allium Ursinum), Portevinia and Cheilosia fasciata in Europe.
Since members of this group are widely scattered across the continent (and
elsewhere!) I would be most grateful for any information on
distribution/sites known to people from their own regions/countries. With a
view to future Phylogeographic studies I am particularly interested to know
of the presence and details of sites (collectability!)in the Iberian,
Italian and balkan penninsulas.

I'd also be very pleased to hear from anyone who would be willing to
collect samples for me (particularly those who have access to a -80 C
freezer or liquid Nitrogen!!).

Many thanks in advance

Ian

----------------------------------