[Syrphidae] Canopy research

Julio Cesar Rodrigues Fontenelle juliocrf@mono.icb.ufmg.br
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:54:36 -0300

Dear all,
	I just start to write a project with canopy insects in a temperate forest
in Southeast Brazil. I work with Diptera and I'm interested in use some
kind of trap to catch manly large flies, like hover flies, muscoids,
soldier flies etc.. I'm not interested in use attractants.  I will try to
make some trap like a small Malaise with the killing jar in the middle of
the trap. But I don't know how to do the entrance of the killing jar.
Thanks very much if you can help us with some ideas.

			Your sincerely,
						Julio Cesar Rodrigues Fontenelle

Julio Cesar Rodrigues Fontenelle
Laboratorio de Ecologia e Comportamento de Insetos
Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas - UFMG
Belo Horizonte - MG - BRAZIL
E-mail juliocrf@mono.icb.ufmg.br