[Public-engagement] Invitation: Workshop on Nottingham's UNICEF Child Friendly City bid, 6 March, 11.30-13.30

Maria Richards Maria.Richards at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Feb 24 13:10:14 GMT 2023

Dear Colleagues

Over the last six months, the Human Rights Law Centre have been working with the Institute of Policy and Engagement to investigate and understand how we can work with Nottingham City Council and contribute to their bid to become a UNICEF Child Friendly City<https://childfriendlycities.org/guiding-principles/>.  Child Friendly Cities is a global UNICEF initiative that reaches and supports nearly 30 million children in 50 countries across the whole world. The goal of the Child Friendly City programme is to make cities and communities places where all the local children and young people have a positive and meaningful input, so they can benefit from the plans, decisions, spaces and services they use and that impact their lives where they grow up.

We are hosting a workshop on Exploring Innovative Approaches for Child-Inclusive Research, where we will learn about the programme from UNICEF, hear about Nottingham's journey to date and discuss as a group how researchers and local universities can collaborate to support this programme. The event is on Monday 6 March, from 11.30 am to 1.30 pm (lunch provided) in the Council Room, Trent Building, University Park.  To book a place and see full details please click here<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/child-friendly-nottingham-workshop-tickets-557681419137> and register via Eventbrite .

Please do extend the invitation to others you feel may be interested.

I hope to see some of you there.

Best wishes

Maria

Maria Richards (she/her)