[Public-engagement] Green Light in the City - public engagement opportunity

Amy Hawksworth Amy.Hawksworth at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Nov 9 11:50:02 GMT 2021

Good morning all,

I wanted to share another collaborative public engagement opportunity with you that you may wish to get involved with or share with colleagues.

Green Light in the City
The Green Light project aims to develop pop-up spaces in the city centre to encourage creativity, curiosity and community engagement over the coming years. Our first collaborative space (the old Tokenhouse shop on Bridlesmith Gate) will open in mid-November 2021 to end-December and will have a focus on Climate Change, to tie in with COP 26.  We hope a variety of organisations (big and small!) will get involved and provide creative sessions, talks and workshops!
We invite you to complete this short expression of interest form, so that we can build a consortium of individuals and organisations who are keen to engage families, young people and the wider public with creative learning activities that can help us all reflect on Climate Change, our hopes for the future and positive individual and collective actions.

The first Green Light space will have core opening hours of 12-3pm, Wednesday-Sunday. There will be permanent displays and activities available during these times with information and inspiration from both of Nottingham's Universities.  We are open to suggestions for workshop leaders, speakers and displays both within the core opening hours or outside these times for ticketed events or workshops.

Could you...

*         Contribute creative activities that help people consider climate change?

*         Help provide a welcome for visitors?

*         Share ideas with the public, explain and discuss, help and support (including those who may be anxious about the climate change)

*         Develop social media content to tell the story of the Green Light project
If so, please complete the expression of interest form here<https://forms.gle/GPFd5dNybYU9jgMm8> For more information, email greenlight2028 at gmail.com<mailto:greenlight2028 at gmail.com>.

The fabulous Nottingham charity, Ignite!, are the leaseholders for the first Green Light pop up; supported by Carbon Neutral 2028 team at Nottingham City Council, University of Nottingham, Nottingham Trent University and ChalleNGe, Nottingham's Cultural Education Partnership. Participating organisations include: City Arts, Hockley Hustle (and this list will grow!)

Many thanks,

Amy

Amy Hawksworth

Programme and Project Manager (Public Engagement)

Institute for Policy and Engagement

A03, Highfield House

University of Nottingham

University Park

Nottingham, NG7 2RD

My working days are Tuesday to Thursday

University of Nottingham colleagues can stay up to date with public engagement news by signing up to our internal newsletter here<http://lists.nottingham.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/public-engagement>. If you are external to the University, please sign up to our external newsletter here.<https://app.zubo.co.uk/h/r/352B8142151C2B792540EF23F30FEDED>

[cid:ede6df8e-c90d-4631-9f07-c74447143ac5]