[Public-engagement] Your Public Engagement Summer newsletter

Br-The-Institute theinstitute at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jun 25 09:24:32 BST 2021

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/23f9e664ba0b0620d1f884ed5/images/ea2d37da-0fce-436d-a110-34233abb36e2.png]
Public Engagement Opportunities Bulletin
Summer 2021

[https://mcusercontent.com/27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2/images/c1559724-1edc-6790-46ae-fee5caeab6ec.jpg]

The Public Engagement Opportunities Bulletin is a round-up of key opportunities to support high quality engagement, brought to you by the Institute for Policy and Engagement.

News

We're delighted to welcome Amy Hawksworth to the team as a Programme and Project Manager for Public Engagement. Amy is currently looking at ways to support you in your public engagement activity through the creation of quick and easy to use guides and resources. Please get in touch with Amy<mailto:amy.hawksworth at nottingham.ac.uk?subject=Public%20Engagement%20support> if you'd like to discuss what this support should include.
________________________________
This half term we returned to Highfields Park where family groups met with our researchers in Astronomy to learn more about how and when galaxies are formed. With the help of an artist they then created their own images of space (see example above) and left with goody bags full of fun activities to try at home and to continue their learning.
________________________________
The Knowledge Exchange Hub is now live and has been created to draw together internal and external resources to help support you to learn about and engage in KE. Take a look at the resources and support available here<https://nottingham.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&id=b2d173cecf&e=bb77552d02>.
________________________________
We're currently working with a range of researchers on our exciting "Knowledge, Engaged" podcast. Listen to our trailer here<https://nottingham.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&id=7654553abb&e=bb77552d02> and keep an eye on our Twitter feed <https://nottingham.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&id=5c7c3ac20a&e=bb77552d02> for more information.
________________________________
In November, the UK will be hosting the UN Conference on Climate Change, COP26, in Glasgow. This is a great opportunity for UK academics working on issues relating to climate change to bring their work to a wider audience. We are working on plans for a University-wide campaign to coincide with the conference, which will aim to highlight the diversity of work happening at the University to meet the climate challenge. In addition, our Deputy Director Chris Sims is monitoring and sharing other opportunities for academics to engage with COP26 in the months running up to the conference. If you would like to know more, or to sign up to receive updates about these opportunities, please email Chris<mailto:chris.sims at nottingham.ac.uk?subject=COP26%20academic%20participation>.
________________________________

Funding Opportunities

There is a range of funding available to support you with your public engagement activity. An overview of current national opportunities can be found on the National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement website, split by discipline area.

View funding opportunities<https://nottingham.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&id=16f6090e05&e=bb77552d02>

Upcoming Events

THE MOMENT, a brain controlled film with live score, Saturday 26 June and Saturday 31 July, 8-9pm.
Join us for an amazing online experience, live in your home. Richard Ramchurn's Sci-Fi thriller The MOMENT is edited in real time using a brain computer interface. Musicians Scrubber Fox and Hallvarður Ásgeirsson perform the musical score live from Manchester and Iceland.

Book your free place<https://nottingham.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&id=c7dde9f17c&e=bb77552d02>

Training Opportunities

We have a host of pre-recorded training sessions to support public engagement activity on our SharePoint Site<https://nottingham.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&id=9f0bb3325e&e=bb77552d02>.

The University is currently running a Running a virtual conference course. This one hour, online course will support researchers to run and host a successful virtual conference. Multiple dates and times are available.

Book your free place<https://nottingham.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&id=b7d26cb823&e=bb77552d02>

Key contacts
Susan Anderson<mailto:susan.anderson at nottingham.ac.uk>, Academic Lead for Public Engagement, ext. 31575
Maria Richards<mailto:maria.richards at nottingham.ac.uk>, Programme and Project Manager (Public Engagement): 07976 951571
Amy Hawksworth<mailto:amy.hawksworth at nottingham.ac.uk?subject=Public%20Engagement%20newsletter>, Project Officer for Public Engagement
[Twitter]<https://nottingham.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&id=d6a9cbd3cc&e=bb77552d02>
[Website]<https://nottingham.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&id=adb6e85bfc&e=bb77552d02>
[Email]<mailto:theinstitute at nottingham.ac.uk>

This email was sent to theinstitute at nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:theinstitute at nottingham.ac.uk>
why did I get this?<https://nottingham.us20.list-manage.com/about?u=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&id=89e3ef6fa6&e=bb77552d02&c=2cb88fd799>    unsubscribe from this list<https://nottingham.us20.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&id=89e3ef6fa6&e=bb77552d02&c=2cb88fd799>    update subscription preferences<https://nottingham.us20.list-manage.com/profile?u=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&id=89e3ef6fa6&e=bb77552d02&c=2cb88fd799>
The Institute for Policy and Engagement, University of Nottingham · Highfield House · University Park, University of Nottingham · Nottingham, Notts NG7 2RD · United Kingdom

[Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=27dbe2623b441ebb6de9121f2&afl=1>