[Public-engagement] The Power of Music : Innovations in Care Conference - 16-18 March 2021

Br-The-Institute theinstitute at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Feb 25 14:23:02 GMT 2021

Dear all,

I am writing to you to share detail of this year’s Power of Music online conference. Lakeside are working directly with the University of Nottingham’s Institute of Mental Health and Canadian, music-based health arts organization Room 207 to explore how innovations in care are helping to change our approach and increase success in delivering music care within our various healthcare environments. We come together with a common goal to enhance quality of life and improve the care experience through music!

I hope this may be of interest to you and would appreciate it if you could circulate more widely to you networks where you feel there may be interest.

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D70B81.B50FFE90]

How Our Virtual Music Care Conference Works

This is a compressed, three day conference. Each day there will be three components for you to experience.
·      Performance - a live, recorded one-hour performance with Q & A interactions from the artist
·      Presentations - view, on your own time, 6 - 7 live, recorded presentations by our speakers from around the world
·      LIVE Panel Discussion - presentation speakers engage in conversation where you will be able to ask questions via the chat room

Once you have registered you will receive an email notification from "Eventbrite". Instructions will be sent prior to the start of the conference with links on how to watch and participated each day.

Recommendations for Participation

The conference will run for three consecutive hours each day depending on your time zone.
·      We recommend attending at these times to engage best with other conference participants during the event.
·      You will also be able to watch the presentations (only) a few days in advance; when available these links will be sent to you via Eventbrite.
·      On each conference day, links for that day’s keynote video and live panel session will be sent at midnight GMT via Eventbrite.
·      Recordings of each conference session will be available to registered attenders on our website until the end of March, 2021. www.musiccareconference.com<https://www.musiccareconference.com/>
·
  Detailed TimeLine Overview LINK<https://musiccareconference.com/daily-time-schedule>

James Parkinson