[Public-engagement] Soapbox Science - call for participants

Maria Richards Maria.Richards at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 19 13:36:24 GMT 2020

Message sent on behalf of Helena Gomes

Dear Colleague,

This year we will have a Soapbox Science event at Nottingham (in the Summer, date to be confirmed)!  Soapbox Science is a public outreach platform for promoting women scientists and the science they do. These events around the world transform public areas into an arena for public learning and scientific debate. With Soapbox Science, we want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy, learn from, heckle, question, probe, interact with and be inspired by some of our leading scientists. Soapbox Science is looking for speakers from PhD students to Professors.

Why should you apply to be a Soapbox Science speaker?

  *   Help us improve the visibility of women and underrepresented genders in science
  *   Make valuable connections with other scientists
  *   Engage with people who might not otherwise encounter science
  *   Publicise your work through blogs and other media opportunities

For more on Soapbox Science check this video: https://youtu.be/cGD1-FbXHZo
The application form is here: http://soapboxscience.org/apply-to-speak-at-soapbox-science-2020/. The deadline is the 2nd March.

If you have any queries do get in touch.

Best wishes,

Helena

Dr Helena I. Gomes
Anne McLaren Research Fellow