[Public-engagement] Fw: Extended deadline for Diversity & Inclusion Hub launch presentations

Rachael Pearson Rachael.Pearson at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed May 8 10:15:06 BST 2019

WITH APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING

**Message sent for and on behalf of Professor Louise Mullany and Professor Sarah Sharples**

Dear colleagues

 **Abstract Deadline Extension** 13th May 2019

In direct response to the University’s EDI strategy consultation, we are delighted to announce a new initiative to support and engage colleagues who specialize in investigative research on issues of equality, diversity and inclusion.

By working together and building upon our existing research strengths, we aim to make Nottingham an internationally recognized, interdisciplinary centre of research excellence, taking full advantage of the innovation that results from colleagues working at the interface of different disciplines. We aim to put in place a structure to provide opportunities for researchers and scholars across all faculties and at all three campuses to identify how we work together at scale, along with the mechanisms and support for doing so. This will include pilot funding, opportunities for and support of external funding, engagement with external policy and public engagement, sharing resources and producing collective ways to disseminate our work to the broadest audiences. By putting this structure into practice, we can fully exploit our potential for generating new knowledge and effect positive change to key challenges of sociocultural importance on a global scale.

To launch this initiative, the University will hold a one-day event. We are keen for researchers and scholars at all career stages to attend, including PhD students. We are therefore inviting colleagues to deliver a series of pecha kucha style presentations on the broadest range of equality and diversity topics that are currently being researched. This event will be delivered in partnership with the University’s EPSRC funded, cross-Faculty STEMM Change<https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/edi/stemm-change.aspx> team and the Institute for Policy and Engagement<https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/policy-and-engagement/home.aspx>.

The conference will be held on Friday 14th June 2019, 11-3pm, in The Great Hall, Trent Building, University Park.

To apply for a place at this event, please send a short abstract (100 words) of the research that you wish to showcase to louise.mullany at nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:louise.mullany at nottingham.ac.uk> by the extended deadline of Monday 13th May 2019.

Many thanks.

Yours

Professor Louise Mullany and Professor Sarah Sharples

Professor Louise Mullany                                           Professor Sarah Sharples CErgHF FIET FIEHF PhD MSc BSc (hons) PGCAP

Professor of Sociolinguistics                                      Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion

School of English                                                         Executive Office

University of Nottingham UK                               University of Nottingham UK

If this email has been sent outside your normal working hours then please do not feel obliged to respond until your next working day

[Gold Email Signature FINAL New]

[EDIEmailSignatureLogoBanner-Final]

Follow us
facebook.com/uniofnottingham<http://facebook.com/TheUniofNottingham>