[Public-engagement] British Science Week campaign

Rachael Pearson Rachael.Pearson at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 14:06:06 GMT 2019

Good afternoon all,

Sorry for the blanket email, but I’ve been asked by Helen Clarke from the PM’s Office and Cabinet Office Communications to pass on details about their British Science Week campaign which is taking place from 8th to 17th March.

Helen is keen to promote as many stories as possible relating to Science next week, so if you are planning to do anything and would like to contribute to the campaign with news, videos and case studies etc, please send them over to her - details below. She will also Retweet if you tag @HMGMidlands

Although her email talks about a focus on science jobs and businesses, she has said that she is generally happy to promote anything related to science.

I think it would also be good if, where possible, we could link social media activity into MI by hash-tagging with a key message e.g.  #MidlandsInnovation unites university research power with Midlands industry to drive cutting-edge innovation

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks

Nick

+++++++

8 to 17 March, British Science week.

We are using it to highlight some of the exciting jobs available, and being created, in these sectors thanks to different funding - and to direct businesses to sources of support.

Use #FutureJobs, #IndustrialStrategy, #MidlandsEngine #BSW19

-Find out how to get support and funding to help your business grow: bit.ly<http://bit.ly/>/BizSupportMids

-Find out how to get information and advice: bit.ly<http://bit.ly/>/InnovateMidlands

-More about jobs and careers here: http://bit.ly/2CzIsnK

It would be great if you could get involved by:

1. Provide a case study vox pop, key fact, and/or quote to us for use on our social media.

2. Follow and RT: @HMGMidlands

3. Share tweets to celebrate the jobs available on your social media channels, e.g

·  It's British Science Week #BSW19: We're celebrating the high quality jobs available & being created across the #MidlandsEngine #FutureJobs #IndustrialStrategy Find out how to get support and funding to help your business grow: bit.ly<http://bit.ly/>/BizSupportMids

Bitly | URL Shortener, Custom Branded URLs, API & Link Management<http://bit.ly/>
bit.ly
Get the most out of your social and online marketing efforts. Own, understand and activate your best audience through the power of the link with Bitly Enterprise.

We are creating #FutureJobs in the science sector. If you’re looking for a new role, take a look here http://bit.ly/2CzIsnK #BSW19 #IndustrialStrategy #MidlandsEngine

[https://mywayin.campaign.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/76/2018/10/MWI_Opengraph.png]<http://bit.ly/2CzIsnK>

Home page<http://bit.ly/2CzIsnK>
bit.ly
Whether you’re just starting out, returning to work after a break, or thinking about changing careers, My Way In can help – check out real-life stories and read employer advice today.

Is your business looking to expand in the science sector? Take a look at government funding to help grow your business bit.ly<http://bit.ly/>/BizSupportMids bit.ly<http://bit.ly/>/InnovateMidlands

Bitly | URL Shortener, Custom Branded URLs, API & Link Management<http://bit.ly/>
bit.ly
Get the most out of your social and online marketing efforts. Own, understand and activate your best audience through the power of the link with Bitly Enterprise.

#BSW19 #IndustrialStrategy #FutureJobs

Feel free to create a video or quote pics to support British Science Week using the Industrial Strategy branding here:

https://industrialstrategy.frontify.com/d/nSIB2kHmNpqj/brand-guidelines#/digital/non-government-1543841224

https://industrialstrategy.frontify.com/d/nSIB2kHmNpqj/brand-guidelines#/digital/co-branding/midlands-engine

Helen Clarke

Prime Minister’s Office and Cabinet Office Communications

helen.clarke at cabinetoffice.gov.uk<mailto:helen.clarke at cabinetoffice.gov.uk>

07778 919 692

Nick King
Marketing and Communications Manager
Energy Research Accelerator

Address: Research Acceleration and Demonstration (RAD) Building
Jubilee Campus | University of Nottingham | NG8 1BB
Tel: +44 (0)115 74 86727
Mob: +44 (0)7964 391057
Email: nick.king at era.ac.uk<mailto:nick.king at era.ac.uk>
Web: www.era.ac.uk<http://www.era.ac.uk/>

Dr Rachael Pearson
Head of Public Engagement

Institute for Policy and Engagement

University of Nottingham

A21, Highfield House

University Park

Nottingham, NG7 2RD

<https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/graduateschool/index.aspx>www.nottingham.ac.uk/policy-and-engagement/<https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/policy-and-engagement/><https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/graduateschool/index.aspx><https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/graduateschool/index.aspx><http://nottingham.ac.uk/>

 [1520939346377_PastedImage]

<https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/research/>