[Public-engagement] Invitiation to an interdisciplinary workshop about resilience on Thursday 13th June

Rachel Jacobs Rachel.Jacobs at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 6 10:56:26 BST 2019

Resilience and the Future Machine: An Interdisciplinary Workshop

A half-day workshop looking at interdisciplinary approaches to resilience, environmental change and how we create narratives about the future, risk and uncertainty.

Through a combination of presentations, discussions and artist-led activities, the workshop will provide an opportunity to explore and share the different ways we are addressing issues of resilience across different research areas and arts practices. A key outcome will be the establishment of interdisciplinary networks that can respond to funding calls in the area of social/cultural/environmental resilience.

Lunch will be provided!

Book here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/resilience-and-the-future-machine-an-interdisciplinary-workshop-tickets-60466328416

This workshop is being co-hosted by Dr Rachel Jacobs (artist and Associate Researcher at the Mixed Reality Lab, University of Nottingham) and Dr Spencer Jordan (Programme Director for BA English with Creative Writing, MA Creative Writing and PhD Creative Writing, University of Nottingham).

Get in touch if you have any questions.

(apologies for x-posting)

Dr Rachel Jacobs
Artist/Active Ingredient