[psychology-visionlist] AVA Easter Meeting?

Harriet Allen H.A.Allen at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jun 24 08:41:44 BST 2014

Hello All

What do people think about hosting the 2015 AVA Easter Meeting (AGM)?
Typically this is a 1 day meeting with 1 or 2 invited speakers held
around the Easter holiday (late March or April).
http://www.theava.net/meetings/meetings.html

 From an outsiders point of view we are ideal. The Christmas meeting is
in London so the Annual meeting should be more northern. We are well
connected for travel, it hasnt been here for a while (ever?) and we have
a strong local vision group (even more so when you add in those at
nearby unis).

 From our perspective it gives us a chance to show off our group, get a
couple of invited speakers and a good load of UK vision folks  to hang
out and we don't have to travel to go to the meeting. Attending the
meeting and joining allows PhD students and early career folks to apply
for grants for future travel too.

The question is whether we can be bothered? I'm happy to take the lead,
but can't do it on my own, so before I commit myself, I'm interested in
whether there is generalised support and willingness to take part and/or
help organise.

What do  people reckon?

Harriet

--