[Metal] Call for speakers

Sally Hanford Sally.Hanford at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 8 15:37:49 BST 2013

Please find forwarded request below from Charlie Davis at Derby.

If you are interested, please contact him directly by email at C.Davis at derby.ac.uk<mailto:C.Davis at derby.ac.uk>

Regards

Sally

Colleagues,

I'm submitting a bid for funding to host two workshops at the University of Derby as part of the HEA workshop and seminar series. The first will focus on how technologies are being used across the Arts and Humanities to support creative and innovative approaches to teaching, learning and assessment. The second workshop, to be held on a separate date, will concentrate on innovative approaches to teaching, assessment and feedback in STEM-orientated contexts.

For the Arts and Humanities workshop, I'm particularly keen to hear from anyone that has been using any form of game-based approaches in their teaching. With regards to the STEM session, it'd be good to hear from anyone using technology to facilitate more blended models of practice. In particular, I'm interested in hearing from individuals with experiences of encouraging formative forms of assessment and more iterative dialogic feedback practices. In both cases I'm looking for speakers to reflect on their own practices in order to generate debate and discussion.

The proposal requires me to submit possible dates on which events might be held. I'm aiming to hold them sometime between February 3rd and July 11th 2014. The final dates will be determined by the availability of potential speakers. If you're interested in facilitating a session at any of the events, please let me know dates which suit and provide me with an outline of your proposed session.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Charlie Davis