[Metal] Re: METAL dissemination meeting programme (April 24th 2012)

Joel Feinstein Joel.Feinstein at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 17 17:39:38 BST 2012

I'm not sure whether the list server let my attachment through. So I'll try another way ...
Apologies for duplication (or worse!)
Here is the programme for April 24th 2012
Best wishes,
   Joel

METAL (Media Enhanced Teaching and Learning) Dissemination Meeting

Tuesday 24th April 2012, 10:30-16:00

Keighton Auditorium and Maths A17, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD

10:30 Registration (Keighton Auditorium)

10:45 Workshop welcome - Joel Feinstein, Peter Rowlett and Claire Chambers

10:50 'Lecture capture at Newcastle' - Phil Ansell, School of Mathematics and Statistics, Newcastle University

11:20 Coffee

11:40 'Is technical proficiency in the creation of educational video beneficial?  Is it even desirable?' Steve Hull, JISC Digital Media

12:10 'Take the Floor' session - Philip Moriarty, Physics and Astronomy, University of Nottingham

12:20 'Take the Floor' session - Alan Williams, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy, University of Nottingham

12:30 Lunch

13:20 'Take the Floor' session - Puja Myles, School of Community Health Sciences, University of Nottingham

13:30 'Using a smartpen to enhance feedback to students' Robin Kearsley Bullen, Nottingham Trent University

14:00 Joel Feinstein and Peter Rowlett 'The METAL Project - What have we learned and where next?'

14:30 Discussion and feedback (with coffee and cakes) - (we will move to Maths A17 for the discussion)

16:00 Close

--
 Dr J. Feinstein       Tel:  +44-115-9514968
Pure Mathematics      FAX:  +44-115-9514951