[Maths-Education] Post-Doctoral Fellow positions in New Zealand

Jodie Hunter J.Hunter1 at massey.ac.nz
Tue May 2 04:06:13 BST 2023

Dear colleagues

Please find an employment opportunity for two postdoctoral fellow positions (two years fixed-term and three years fixed-term) who will be contributing team members in the Developing Mathematical Inquiry Communities (DMIC) project at Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand.

The DMIC project uses a model of ambitious mathematics teaching founded in equity and social justice, which incorporates an advanced form of complex instruction. The focus of research projects has been on developing teacher expertise, culturally sustaining, task design, pedagogical leadership, what it takes to develop in-class mentoring expertise, and conditions for sustainability and ongoing improvement. This approach drives the kind of productive collaboration that is critical for accelerated achievement in mathematics' classrooms and in communities of learning. The successful candidates will need to engage with the extensive data gathered over the past years as well as collaborate in establishing new research foci around this programme. You will be keen to publish our DMIC research collaboratively with other members of the team. Our ideal candidate/s will have or be about to complete a PhD in Education (focused ideally in mathematics) or a related discipline:
https://www.seek.co.nz/job/67018286?type=standout#sol=dac16ed5fb0d5b560bf3b98b4e23405adf161245

https://www.seek.co.nz/job/67018516?type=standout#sol=b40b56eefe0b5e6735346283446049f40be661d8

We welcome applications from international candidates with a closing date of 14th of May (NZT).

Kind regards
Jodie

Jodie Hunter
Professor and Rutherford Discovery Fellow
Institute of Education
Massey University
Phone: +64 92136518 | Atrium Building, Albany Campus, Auckland
j.hunter1 at massey.ac.nz<mailto:j.hunter1 at massey.ac.nz>