[Maths-Education] The Mathematical Association: a new book and free webinar

Jenni Back jenni at backfamily.me.uk
Tue May 12 14:57:36 BST 2020

Dear All
I have previously presented at BSRLM and the ATM and MA conferences about a project in which I have been involved in Brighton. It involved developing a programme of study in collaboration with the teachers and children at St Martin’s CE Primary School and has been running for more than 6 years. We developed ways of working initially for children in key stage 2 based on quality free resources particularly those produced by NRICH and the Centre for Innovation in Mathematics MEP resources. We worked on an approach that motivated the children and helped them to find meaning in mathematics. I have now written this up in book form and it has just been published by the Mathematical Association. The book is called Hooked on Mathematics and is published by the Mathematical Association. You can find it here: https://members.m-a.org.uk/Shop/product/1147 <https://members.m-a.org.uk/Shop/product/1147>. I am doing a free webinar to launch it on Tuesday 28th May at 4pm and you can find details of that here: https://www.m-a.org.uk/primary-events <https://www.m-a.org.uk/primary-events>. I do hope that some of you will be able to join me.
Best wishes, Jenni

jenni at backfamily.me.uk

Jenni Back
49 Grovelands Ave