[Maths-Education] A potentially useful resource

Gwen Ineson (Staff) Gwen.Ineson at brunel.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 18:51:16 BST 2020

Please see message below from Martin Greenhow, Brunel University London

Dear maths teacher,

I have set up a suite of tests for bored GCSE and A level students who will be missing their maths lessons! There is an entry page at:

http://people.brunel.ac.uk/~mastmmg/Mathematics_for_dogs_and_cats.htm

It has already received favourable comments from others since its launch recently. I hope you will find it useful for your students.

I now need to disseminate it as widely as possible, especially to schoolteachers and wonder if you can help here by telling colleagues at other institutions (schools/colleges/universities) about the above links. I believe it will be useful quite widely. Given the current situation, time is of the essence.

The above is just a sample of what's available. To set up your own tests visit

http://www.mathcentre.ac.uk:8081/mathseg/   to explore what's available and

http://www.mathcentre.ac.uk:8081/mathsegteacher/teacher.jsp   to set up your own tests (ask me, martin.greenhow at brunel.ac.uk<mailto:martin.greenhow at brunel.ac.uk> how to do this if need be)

Best wishes,
Martin Greenhow, Maths at Brunel

Tower A Room 217
Maths Dept, Brunel University

Dr Gwen Ineson

Director of Postgraduate Research
Senior Lecturer - Mathematics Education
Brunel University London
College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences
Department of Education

Room 065, Gaskell Building, Brunel University London, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH, United Kingdom

T +44 (0)1895 265865