[Maths-Education] Embodied design in mathematics symposium 30 October Utrecht

Bakker, A. (Arthur) A.Bakker4 at uu.nl
Sat Sep 9 07:14:35 BST 2017

Dear all,

People interested in embodied design are welcome to join our symposium on 30-31 October in Utrecht and register for free at

https://embodieddesign.sites.uu.nl/

This symposium is aiming to exchange the newest insights on embodied cognition focusing on the main question of how to make embodied design productive for technology-enhanced learning with a focus on the interaction—not only between human and computer, but also between the student and the tutor.

We are pleased to announce our speakers: Dor Abrahamson<http://edrl.berkeley.edu/content/dor-abrahamson> (University of California, Berkeley), Maike Schindler<https://www.hf.uni-koeln.de/39025> (University of Cologne), Daniela Schansker<http://www.math.uni-bremen.de/didaktik/mitarbeiter_en.html> and Angelika Bikner-Ahsbahs<http://www.math.uni-bremen.de/didaktik/ma/bikner/> (Bremen University), Michiel Veldhuis<https://www.uu.nl/staff/mveldhuis> and Marja van den Heuvel-Panhuizen<https://www.uu.nl/staff/mvandenheuvel-panhuizen/0> (Utrecht University),  and Anna Shvarts<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Anna_Shvarts>  (Lomonosov Moscow State University).

This symposium is funded by Education for Learning Societies<https://www.uu.nl/onderzoek/education-for-learning-societies> (Utrecht University).

Arthur Bakker