[Maths-Education] Re: Updates for Hungary Conference September 2017

Alan Rogerson alan at cdnalma.poznan.pl
Mon Mar 13 11:14:40 GMT 2017

**

* Please pass on to interested parties*

*Alan*

**

*14**^th **International Conference of The Mathematics Education for the
Future Project***

****

*/Challenges in Mathematics Education for the Next Decade/*

*//**//*

      September 10–15, 2017

*Hotel Annabella
<http://www.danubiushotels.com/our-hotels-balatonfured/hotel-annabella>,
Balatonfüred, Lake **Balaton, Hungary***

****

*In cooperation withMathematics Education Centre, Institut for
Mathematics, Faculty of Sciences, Eötvös Lóránd University, Budapest,
**The Hong Kong Institute of Education, *International **Experience
Workshop (www.experienceworkshop.org
<http://www.experienceworkshop.org>), *Symmetry Association,
**www.symmetry.hu <http://www.symmetry.hu>***,Wholemovement,* MUED, DQME
II, DQME3, MAV, AWM, AAMT, WTM-Verlag.
*

**

*Major Sponsors
**Autograph:****www.autograph-maths.com<http://www.autograph-maths.com/>&
Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education: http://www.bsmeducation.com/*

*Update March2017

*

*(1)**For all conference information please download our **NEW Second
Announcement **at****HungarySecondAnnouncement1
<http://directorymathsed.net/montenegro/HungaryConferenceSecondAnnouncement.pdf>****
*

** **

*
(2) More than 80 participants are already registered from 15 countries.*

**

*
**(3)****To help research students and academics**who wish to publish
their papers, but cannot attend our conference, we offer blind-blind
peer review and publication in the official printed proceedings of the
conference, and inclusion in the post-conference on-line proceedings.
There will also be a special session at the conference highlighting this
work of young scholars and researchers. Please email
**alan at cdnalma.poznan.pl <mailto:alan at cdnalma.poznan.pl>**for further
details including the cost for this service. Acceptance is limited and
will be on a first come first served basis.*

**

*
******(4)****The New DQME website**:
**http://www.dqime.uni-dortmund.de**replaces the old one which is no
longer active. Please bookmark the NEW address and recommend it to your
teacher colleagues because it contains literally 1000s of practical
materials tested and ready for use in the classroom, organised in 10
languages and by age level and mathematical content. To download
materials click **/Register Now/**on the webpage and **/Submit/**your
details, after which materials can be accessed when you log in with
email/password. There will be a full report on DQME at the Hungary
conference.*

**

**

**

*We look forward to meeting you in Hungary!
**
**Alan Rogerson and Jasia Morska (Conference Organisers)***

**

**

**

*Update December2016

*

*(1)* For all updated conference information please download our *NEW
Second Announcement *at*HungarySecondAnnouncement1
<http://directorymathsed.net/montenegro/HungaryConferenceSecondAnnouncement.pdf>
*

*(2)* Some important changes.

  * The Conference Title is now: */Challenges in Mathematics Education
    for the Next Decade/. *
  * There will be no special working group on Polya and Lakatos but
    papers are still welcome and will be included in other relevant
    working groups.
  * Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Educationand Eötvös Lóránd
    University, Budapest will be cooperating with us locally.
  * Agnes Tuska and Andras Benedek are no longer conference
    co-organisers. The new *Conference **Organising Committee*consists
    of /*Alan Rogerson& Jasia Morskain consultation withthe Project
    Advisory Body*/*.*

*(3)* We expect before the end of January to have enough registrations
to guarantee the conference will go ahead. It would be most helpful,
however, if you could let us know now if you are definitely
*/intending/* to come. Please note Early Bird fees are due before
January 31st.

*(4)* *To help research students and academics* who wish to publish

*(5)* *The New DQME website*: http://www.dqime.uni-dortmund.de replaces
the old one which is no longer active. Please bookmark the NEW address
and recommend it to your teacher colleagues because it contains
literally 1000s of practical materials tested and ready for use in the
classroom, organised in 10 languages and by age level and mathematical
content. Please note that to download all materials it is necessary to
click */Register Now/* on the webpage and fill in and */Submit/* your
details, after which ALL materials can be accessed and downloaded when
you log in with email/password. There will be a full report on DQME at
the Hungary conference.

**

*(6) Some news from our Major Sponsor*. The most recent update to
*Autograph *builds on the ease of use and effective pedagogy of its
popular predecessor in pure mathematics (in 2D and 3D), and statistics.
There is a significant use of attributes of objects enabling an exciting
new range of simulations, and a new Argand diagram page breaks new
ground in the visualisation of complex numbers. *Autograph*'s emphasis
on teaching and learning through dynamic imagery, in a simple and
straight-forward interface, makes it a natural and complimentary partner
to open source titles.

*We look forward to meeting you next year and in the meantime wish you
Happy New Year!
**
**Alan and Jasia*

**