[Maths-Education] New possibilites for professors in Norway

Anne Berit Fuglestad anne.b.fuglestad at uia.no
Mon Nov 24 16:31:50 GMT 2014

Dear colleague

Please consider this interesting opportunity to work in Norway:

Professor in Mathematics Education -  vacancy
The University of Agder (UiA), Kristiansand Norway is seeking to appoint two Professors of Mathematics Education to join an enthusiastic and developing international research group.

*        The development of mathematics education as a research field has been a priority area in the University's development.

*        Excellent library facilities.

*        Excellent links with international researchers and research milieus.

*        A thriving PhD programme and a master's programme in Mathematics Education.

*        MatRIC - a National Centre for Excellence in Education (established in 2014)

*        Record of success in leading nationally recognized mathematics teaching development projects.

*        Good relationships with local schools and school authorities.

*        Many opportunities to seek research funds from European, national and local sources.
We are seeking two first rate scientists/researchers to join our team.
For more information see:  Vacancy announcement on http://www.uia.no/vacancies2  or direct to
http://uia.easycruit.com/vacancy/1286170/35071?iso=gb
Department pages:
http://www.uia.no/en/about-uia/faculties/faculty-of-engineering-and-science/department-of-mathematical-sciences
And/or make direct contact with: Simon Goodchild - simon.goodchild at uia.no<mailto:simon.goodchild at uia.no>

I will give another personal remark: It is useful to know that all teaching in the doctoral programme and partly master's programme is in English, so fluency of English is necessary.  The official announcement requires the successful applicants to know Norwegian or a Scandinavian language or should learn Norwegian. I think the requirement about Norwegian can be pushed and negotiated.

Best wishes
Anne Berit

Anne Berit Fuglestad
University of Agder,
Postbox 422,   4604 Kristiansand, Norway