[Maths-Education] Expertise request: Director of Cambridge Maths, Cambridge Assessment

Peter Gates Peter.Gates at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 10 12:05:42 BST 2014

I work for Minerva and we are working with Cambridge Assessment who are looking for a Director of Cambridge Maths. Cambridge Assessment are looking for someone to lead a major strategic programme, leveraging Cambridge University's various roles in maths education, to develop and bring to fruition a concept of 'Cambridge Maths'. The vision for Cambridge Maths is that it should become the basis for an internationally known, respected and widely adopted approach to Maths education. The appointee will develop a concept for teaching and assessing Maths for 4 to 19-year-olds. He/she will do this in collaboration with many willing partners across the University, including in the exams boards, the Departments of Maths and Education, and the Cambridge University Press. Driving a cross-university agenda and working with these stakeholders will be key. The role will also involve getting out and about to help build the concept and brand with government, Maths teachers, learned societies, Maths Education organisations and the wider Science community. The role will report into the Chief Executive of OCR, one of the exams boards.

Please can you get in touch with me should you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Kind regards
Martine

Martine Scott-Gordon BSc AFA
Martine at minervasearch.com<mailto:Martine at minervasearch.com>