[Maths-Education] Job opportunity at University of Southampton, UK

Jones D.K. D.K.Jones at soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 9 11:54:48 GMT 2012

Colleagues [with apologies if you receive this more than once]

Please see below for details of a re-advertised job opportunity for a Lecturer in Mathematics Education at University of Southampton:
http://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=064911CJ-R

The closing date is Friday 24 February 2012

Please consider forwarding this message to anyone that you think might be interested in this opportunity. And please do contact me if I can help advise in any way.
best regards
Keith
-----------------
Keith Jones
Mathematics and Science Education Research Centre
University of Southampton
Southampton Education School
UK
e: d.k.jones at soton.ac.uk
w: www.soton.ac.uk/education/research/centres.page

----------------

Job opportunity at University of Southampton, UK [re-advertisement]
http://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=064911CJ-R

Lecturer in Mathematics Education
Closing date: Friday 24 February 2012

The Southampton Education School is a flourishing centre of research and teaching within the Faculty of Social and Human Sciences at the University of Southampton, one of the UK's leading research-intensive universities. Based in purpose-built facilities, the School offers a strong range of programmes in Mathematics Education at postgraduate level, including primary and secondary PGCE, and Masters and PhD degrees. the University's School of Mathematics is also part of the Faculty of Social and Human Sciences; this means that collaboration with colleagues in Mathematics is a natural part of what we do in Mathematics Education.

We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified Lecturer to undertake research in the field of Mathematics Education, in accordance with the School's research strategy and its ambition to be a world-leading centre for research in Education. The post-holder is also be expected to contribute to the teaching of students on various related programmes.

This is a permanent full-time appointment. The successful candidate must have a higher degree in Mathematics Education (or a related discipline) and evidence of publications, alongside recent and relevant experience in teacher education and knowledge of school settings, plus credibility with students, teachers and professional bodies.

If you would value an informal preliminary discussion about this appointment, please contact the Head of School, Tony Kelly (tel: 023 8059 3351, email: a.kelly at soton.ac.uk ) or the Head of the Mathematics and Science Education Research Centre, Lianghuo Fan (tel: 023 8059 4784, email: L.Fan at soton.ac.uk ) or Keith Jones, Mathematics Education Research Group coordinator (tel: 023 8059 2449, email: d.k.jones at soton.ac.uk ).

Further information  about the School can be found on our web pages:
http://www.education.soton.ac.uk
More general information on the University can be found at:
http://www.southampton.ac.uk

For more information on this position or to apply online please visit www.jobs.soton.ac.uk, quoting the reference number 064911CJ in all correspondence.

The closing date for this post is Friday 24 February 2012.

Please apply online through www.jobs.soton.ac.uk or alternatively telephone +44 (0)23 8059 2750 for an application form. Please quote vacancy reference number 064911CJ-R on all correspondence.

This post is currently being advertised. Details and information about how to apply online are at:
http://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=064911CJ-R

The University of Southampton is a founder member of the Worldwide Universities Network (WUN):
http://www.wun.ac.uk
and a founder member of the Russell Group, the association of the major research-intensive universities of the UK:
http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk