[Maths-Education] Maternity Leave Position at IOE

David Pratt D.Pratt at ioe.ac.uk
Fri Aug 17 09:01:53 BST 2012

If you know anyone who might be interested in the position below, please forward the details.

Being able to teach at masters level is not essential. The key requirement is to be able to contribute to secondary mathematics initial teaching education.

If they want to discuss it further, they are welcome to contact me.

Thanks,

Dave

-----------

INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION

University of London

Tutor in Mathematics Education
(Maternity Cover)

Grade 8; full time

Faculty of Children and Learning
Department of Curriculum, Pedagogy and Assessment

Salary in the range £37,013 to £44,168 per annum
plus £2,323 London Allowance

The Faculty of Children and Learning is seeking to appoint a temporary, full-time Tutor in Mathematics Education to provide maternity cover between September 2012 and March 2013 in the first instance.

You will teach on a range of Initial Teacher Education and Masters programmes in Mathematics Education.  You will need Qualified Teacher Status and the ability to teach as postgraduate level, together with very good ICT, communication and team working skills.

In view of the nature of the work involved, any offer of appointmentwill be conditional on a satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure.

The appointment will be on a full-time, 6 monthfixed-term contract available from 24 September 2012.

Reference:              8PR-CL-5203

Closing date:           31 August 2012

To apply online please visit http://jobs.ioe.ac.uk or tel 020 7612 6159

We positively encourage applicants from all sections of under-represented communities

------------

Dave Pratt
Professor of Mathematics Education
Faculty Director for Research