[Maths-Education] Position: Senior lecturer in Gothenburg, Sweden

Peter Gates Peter.Gates at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Nov 16 12:26:05 GMT 2011

*************************
Dear Mathematics Educators

If you are interested in working at a newly formed and growing department at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden please take a look at this position as Senior lecturer in Mathematics Education:
Senior Lecturer in Mathematics Education (one position, possibly more)
REF NR PERM 2011/302 for employment at Dept of Pedagogical, Curricular and Prof. Studies.
Faculty of Education.
Closing date: 2012-01-09
The Department of Pedagogical, Curricular and Professional Studies (IDPP) was formed on 1st July 2010; however the fields of interest and activities it incorporates have a much longer history. The department’s overall profile is characterised by an interest in schools and classrooms and the everyday lives of teachers and students in school. The research that is conducted in the department is often in collaboration with other groups, both within the faculty of education and outside it, both nationally and internationally. We have close contact with teachers from the various stages of schooling through the contract courses we give. The department’s most extensive activity is teacher education and we also conduct education at advanced and research levels.
We are looking for someone with documented scholarly competence and the ability and interest to actively contribute to and participate in building a creative environment in which education, collaboration and research interact and support one another.

Description of subject and field

The field of subject education in general terms focuses on issues with relevance for education, teaching and learning in and about various school subjects and thematic areas; mathematics education in our department concentrates on issues relevant to teaching mathematics in school and its associated learning. Mathematics is regarded as both content and a language or tool for managing the world in which we live. The department has groups focusing on issues of grading and assessment, classroom research in international contexts, student learning, mathematics teaching and design studies.

Duties

Collaboration across the various environments in our own and other departments, in our own and other universities, as well as across other more general areas of society is an important aspect of the work.
The post includes teaching, research, working in contract activities and participation in course development within the areas described above. Other duties include supervision and examination of course and programme assignments and supervision of doctoral students, as well as collaborating with others to seek external funding.

Full information on this position (and a few more including Biology, Physics and Chemistry Education can be found at: http://gu.se/english/about_the_university/Job_opportunities/Announcements-outside-the-job-application-portal/

Your application is most welcome!

Jonas Emanuelsson
Head of Department
jonas.emanuelsson at gu.se<mailto:jonas.emanuelsson at gu.se>