[Maths-Education] Re: ICT in mathematics

Douglas Butler (Argonet) debutler at argonet.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 14:22:41 GMT 2011

This is a thread that has troubled me for years - how to put some flesh on
the assertion that ICT makes a difference in mathematics.

I am both a creator and a user of mathematics software, and I need no
convincing at all.

But to get hard research evidence would presumably require setting up
control groups of identical children doing the same courses with the same
teachers, but without the technology.  Surely this is impossible to achieve?

Douglas

== from Douglas Butler < debutler at argonet.co.uk > ==
Director, iCT TRAINING CENTRE (OUNDLE)
PO Box 46, Oundle, Peterborough PE8 4EJ, UK
T: +44 (0)1832 273444 F: 273529 M: +44 (0)7860 843462
www.tsm-resources.com  www.autograph-maths.com