[Maths-Education] Fwd: Commemorative day in memoriam of Prof. Filippo Spagnolo; May 9th

Alan Rogerson alan at rogerson.pol.pl
Sat Apr 23 13:02:19 BST 2011

Dear friends and colleagues in Maths Education,

You will have heard of the sad and untimely passing of Professor Filippo
Spagnolo from Palermo, a man loved and respected by all who knew him. We
met more than 30  years ago in Palermo and we enjoyed many times
together at conferences, and with his family in his apartment in Palermo
and his home in the nearby countryside.   He was a wonderful,
entertaining and unforgettable friend: hospitable, charming, and always
full of energy. He was a man of integrity who worked tirelessly for his
students and his colleagues, and he will be remembered especially for
his original research work on comparative education and culture in China
and the West.

Below is a message from Benedetto Di Paola, please contact him for
further details of the programme for the commemorative day in memoriam
for Filippo on May 9th.

Filippo, our dearest friend, we miss you and will always miss you. In
Hamlet's words 'A was a man, take him for all in all, I shall not look
upon his like again."

Best wishes,
Alan