[Maths-Education] William Wynne Willson

Peter Gates Peter.Gates at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri May 14 12:01:03 BST 2010

You may have heard the sad news that William Wynne Willson died on Sunday.

The following words are from William's wife Jane:

William died very peacefully late on Sunday evening at St. Mary’s Hospice. He was unconscious all that day and finally slipped away to the notes of one of his favourite John Field nocturnes, just as the bell started to toll.

We are arranging a Humanist funeral on Monday 17 May at 2 pm at Lodge Hill Crematorium, Weoley Park Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham, B29 5AA. Afterwards people will be welcome to come back here (28 Garland Way, Northfield, B31 2BT) for light refreshments. We are a 10 minute drive from Lodge Hill and there will be plenty of cars to give lifts.

We have decided to have family flowers only and any donations instead to one of William’s favourite charities, ActionAid. Contributions can be sent to ActionAid UK, Chataway House, Leach Road, Chard, Somerset, TA20 1FR.