[Maths-Education] Socio-Mathematical Identity

ruth topol learndirect007 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 31 15:12:39 BST 2010

... and if becoming a member of a community of practice has to do with being an outsider wanting to belong (and become), then it's about who's in and who's out - and what one was and what one's becoming.
 Is it really so hard to research?
 Couldn't  the focus be about learning in 2 contexts ... where one was and where one's going - and how one gets there and how one crosses the borders and boundaries to get there? (All much more than dragging cognitive stuff from 1 context to another as 'transfer')??