[Maths-Education] Professorship opportunities at University of Southampton, UK

Jones D.K. D.K.Jones at soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 12 12:57:16 GMT 2010

Colleagues
[with apologies if you receive this more than once]

Please see below for details of three Chairs in Education now being advertised for the School of Education at the University of Southampton, UK. The professorships are in Education, broadly defined, but with the opportunity to join our Centre for Research in Mathematics and Science Education.

The mathematics education group here at Southampton would especially welcome applicants with an interest in mathematics education.

The posts are currently being advertised. Details and forms are online at:
http://www.jobs.soton.ac.uk
Search for position number:
4169-10-L

Closing date: 26 March 2010 at mid-day (UK time)

Please consider forwarding this message to anyone that you think might be interested in these positions.

best regards

Keith
-----------------
Keith Jones
University of Southampton
School of Education
UK
www.crme.soton.ac.uk
----------------

Professors in Education (3 Posts)

Position Number 4169-10-L
Closing Date: 26 March 2010
Location: School of Education, Highfield Campus, Southampton
http://www.southampton.ac.uk

The University of Southampton, one of the UK's leading research universities, is embarking on a programme of appointing up to 100 top-flight academics.

Applications are invited for three Chairs in Education from candidates who are engaged in international research and have a successful track record of funded research and distinguished publications. We are particularly interested in applicants, from the UK and overseas, with expertise relating to one or more of our five Research Centres:
Leadership, School Improvement and Effectiveness;
Lifelong and Work-Related Learning;
Mathematics and Science Education;
Professional Practice and Pedagogy;
Social Justice and Inclusive Education

The School of Education is a flourishing centre of research and teaching excellence with an international outlook. In the 2008 HEFCE Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 80 per cent of the School's research was graded as international quality. The University is a key player in the UK Higher Education STEM programme (promoting science and mathematics) and the School is directly involved in running the ESRC National Centre for Research Methods in the Social Sciences and is an active partner in the University's HEFCE-funded Centre for Excellence in Inter-professional Learning. The School is also the base for the DCSF-funded Regional Science Learning Centre South East.

The School is situated on the main university campus in a new building with state-of-the-art facilities. The surrounding area is one of the most beautiful in Britain, with excellent rail and road links to London, and sea and air links to mainland Europe and beyond.

Salary is negotiable with the successful candidate. Excellent benefits are available including subsidised health care and final salary pension schemes

For informal discussion about any of these posts, please contact the Head of School, Professor Jacky Lumby:
Email: j.g.lumby at soton.ac.uk
Tel: +44(0)2380 593061

Further information and aspects of the School can be found on our web pages:
http://www.education.soton.ac.uk/

More general information on the University can be found on our web pages:
http://www.southampton.ac.uk

The closing date for applications is 26 March 2010 at 12.00 noon. Interviews are scheduled for 12 /13 April 2010. Please quote reference number 4169-10-L in all correspondence.

Application is online at:
http://www.jobs.soton.ac.uk
[search for post 4169-10-L]