[Maths-Education] Research Assistant post in Mathematics Education

Tim Jay tim.jay at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Jul 23 09:46:38 BST 2010

Hello   --  (Apologies if you receive this message more than once)

We are currently looking for a Research Assistant to work full-time on a
2-year Leverhulme Trust funded project at the Graduate School of
Education, Universty of Bristol. Details of the post, and of the
application procedure, can be found here:
http://www.bris.ac.uk/boris/jobs/feeds/ads?ID=88509. Please pass on this
message to anyone who you think might be interested.

The project is entitled "Investigating and exploring links between
children's economic activity and classroom mathematics learning". We
will be working with 3 age-groups of children in Bristol primary and
secondary schools, documenting the economic activity (interpreted in a
broad sense) that children engage in outside of the classroom, and
exploring ways in which this activity might be relevant to children's
thinking and learning about mathematics.

I'm the PI on the project, so please let me know if you have any
questions about the post.

Many thanks

Tim Jay