[Maths-Education] Very Sad News about Terry Wood

Peter Gates Peter.Gates at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Jan 23 17:47:45 GMT 2010

Colleagues,
Many of you will not know the very sad news, that on Thursday 14th
January, Terry Wood died after complications linked to her cancer. She
died with her two children, Christie and Robert, by her side.
Her son, Robert, has said "Her brave two year battle with cancer is over
and she is at rest. Christie and I have been blessed in this difficult
time by the love of all of you, who so clearly loved Terry very much.
This is tough for all of us and our thoughts and prayers are with you
and your families".
Below are links to the obituary that appeared in the Lafayette, Lansing
and Columbus papers this week. Lafayette's has a color picture that
accompanies it.
Lafayette Journal and Courier:
http://www.jconline.com/article/20100119/OBITS/1190309/1114
Lansing State Journal:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lsj/obituary.aspx?n=terry-l-wood&pid=13
8684771
Columbus Dispatch:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dispatch/obituary.aspx?n=terry-l-wood&p
id=138658080

A memorial luncheon will be held in Ann Arbor, MI on Saturday February
13th. The family have the Celtic Room reserved at Connor O'Neill's for
Saturday 2/13/10 from 12:30 - 2:30 for 20 - 30 folks. We can order off
the menu and you can see more at:
http://www.conoroneills.com/annarbor/index.shtml
Connor O'Neill's is located on 318 South Main St in downtown Ann Arbor,
MI.
Robert writes:
"Please bring pictures and stories to share. Please pass this along to
anyone who would like to attend. We only ask that you RSVP to me
(robert.wood at gexpro.com) so we have an idea of how many people are
coming. Thanks to Guy and Lorelle Meadows for organizing this for us."

I am sure I speak for many of us in the maths education world when I say
Terry will be very sorely missed.
Peter
****************
Dr Peter Gates
Associate Professor
Identities, Relationships and Cultures
Centre for Research in Schools and Communities
School of Education
The University of Nottingham
Nottingham NG8 1BB
Great Britain