[Maths-Education] Professorship opportunity at University of Southampton, UK

Jones D.K. D.K.Jones at soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 23 12:04:00 GMT 2009

Colleagues
[with apologies if you receive this more than once]

Please see below for details of a Chair in Education now being advertised for the School of Education at the University of Southampton, UK. The professorship is in Quantitative Methodology, broadly defined but preferably connected to one of our existing areas of research.
The mathematics education team here at Southampton would especially welcome applicants with an interest in mathematics education.

The post is currently being advertised. Details and forms are online at:
http://www.jobs.soton.ac.uk

Position Number:
3261-09-L

Or see:
http://www.jobs.ac.uk/jobs/BO594/Chair/

Closing date: 24 April at 12 noon (BST)
Interviews are scheduled for 27 May 2009, with presentations to School of Education colleagues on the afternoon of 26 May.

Please consider forwarding this message to anyone that you think might be interested in this position.

best regards

Keith
-----------------
Keith Jones
University of Southampton
School of Education
UK
www.crme.soton.ac.uk
----------------

Chair in Education
School of Education
University of Southampton, UK
Position Number: 3261-09-L

The University of Southampton is in the top ten of research-led universities in the UK for both research quality and research income, and in the top 100 in the world. This new post is evidence of the University's commitment to investing in world class research.

Applications are invited for a Chair in Education from candidates who are engaged in international research and have a successful track record in funded research and distinguished publications. We are particularly interested in applicants from the UK and overseas, with expertise in multilevel and structural equation modelling, and working with large data sets.

The School of Education is a flourishing centre of research and teaching excellence with an international outlook, and has strong links with the ESRC National Centre for Research Methods. We are a thriving community of seventy academic staff and more than one hundred doctoral students. The School is looking to extend its intellectual and research leadership and to develop further its expertise in Quantitative Methodology, broadly defined but preferably connected to one of our existing areas of research.

For informal discussion, please contact the Head of School, Professor Jacky Lumby:
Email: j.g.lumby at soton.ac.uk
Phone: +44(0)2380 593061)

Interviews are scheduled for 27 May 2009, with presentations to School of Education colleagues on the afternoon of 26 May.

The closing date for this position is 12 noon on 24 April.
Please quote reference number 3261-09-L on all correspondence.

Details and forms are online via:
http://www.jobs.soton.ac.uk