[Maths-Education] Funded 1+3 PhD Studentship Available

Hodgen, Jeremy jeremy.hodgen at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 1 09:40:40 BST 2008

Dear Colleagues,

We have an ESRC-funded Studentship available here at King's from October 2008 advertised in the Guardian today (1st July). I would be grateful if you could bring this opportunity to the attention of any potential applicants.

The studentship is available as either a 1+3 award or as a +3 award for candidates who already have completed ESRC-recognized research training - standard ESRC eligibility criteria apply.

Thanks

Jeremy

Doctoral Research Studentship
Mathematics Education
King's College London

Are you interested in researching mathematics education? We are offering a 4-year ESRC-funded doctoral scholarship to work with Dr Jeremy Hodgen, Professor Margaret Brown and Dr Dietmar Küchemann on Increasing Competence and Confidence in Algebra and Multiplicative Structures (ICCAMS). You will study children's mathematical understandings and develop expertise in quantitative and qualitative methods.

Details of this 1+3 studentship as well as more general information about the ICCAMS project can be found at:

www.kcl.ac.uk/education - Follow the link to studentships in the department

Applications should be submitted by July 18.

We welcome applications for a 3 year award from candidates who already have research training recognized by the ESRC. Please mark your application: ICCAMS Studentship.

For an informal discussion, contact Jeremy Hodgen (jeremy.hodgen at kcl.ac.uk).

Equality of opportunity is College policy.

Dr Jeremy Hodgen
Senior Lecturer in Mathematics Education
King's College London
Department of Education and Professional Studies
Franklin-Wilkins Building
Waterloo Bridge Wing
150 Stamford Street
London SE1 9NH