[Maths-Education] RE: Group Theory and Soduko

romlins at rc.unesp.br romlins at rc.unesp.br
Mon Dec 1 22:13:22 GMT 2008

Dear Paul,

I am not sure I quite understood your message, but the theme is
interesting and I would be grateful if you can help me to understand what
you are thinking of.

Something that came to my mind. If we call "Sudoko" a completed 9x9 table
that satisfies the rules of the game, then any permutation of the 9
digits, applied to all the entries of a given Sudoko will produce a new
(correct) Sudoko. The question is: given a Sudoko is there another Sudoko
that does not result from a permutation applied to it?

all the best
Romulo