[Maths-Education] mathematics education lecturer at Sussex

Pat Drake p.drake at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Aug 26 16:07:20 BST 2008

The University of Sussex School of Education (SSE) is seeking to appoint an
enthusiastic and committed mathematics teacher educator to lead and teach
on our expanding Initial Teacher Education programme and contribute to
other mathematics provision in the department. As part of the work the
person appointed will be expected to make a research contribution.

Our current quota of funded places for PGCE Mathematics is 30 places.  This
covers 11-18 and 7-14 PGCE programmes which are offered at Masters level.
We also offer GTP places in Mathematics. In addition, there is a
flourishing mathematics education group in the School of Education, with
several faculty undertaking research in this area.

This post offers an exceptional opportunity to join a highly rated
department (grade 5 in the 2001 RAE) with a large portfolio of teaching
programmes and a thriving research community.

Dr Pat Drake
Sussex School of Education
The Sussex Institute
University of Sussex