[Maths-Education] where are all the GTP NQTs?

L.Haggarty L.Haggarty at open.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 09:52:31 GMT 2007

I would appreciate your help please if you are a mathematics (or science) educator in England.

I have some money from The Leverhulme Trust to look at The Thinking and Practice of Science and Mathematics Teachers in the First Year of Teaching. Participants in the project will come from traditional PGCE routes as well as GTP. However, although there has been no shortage of ex-PGCE NQTs volunteering, the same can't be said on ex-GTP NQTs! I've tried writing to DRBs, to 'providers', to headteachers...but still I don't get any names.

So can you help please? Do you know of any ex-GTP NQTs with either a mathematics or a science background? I am happy to receive names, but equally happy to send you an invitation to send on to them if you would be prepared to help in this way.

With thanks and best wishes,
Linda Haggarty

Dr Linda Haggarty
Postgraduate Tutor
Centre for Research in Education and Educational Technology
The Open University

Email: L.Haggarty at open.ac.uk <mailto:L.Haggarty at open.ac.uk>
Tel: 01908 652594