[Maths-Education] TELMA Consulting Service

m.a.mariotti mariotti.ale at unisi.it
Fri Nov 2 08:03:31 GMT 2007

Could you please circulate this message.
m. alessandra
TELMA Consulting service for PhD students

We are pleased to announce the starting of our PhD Consulting
Service, which is running from October the 19th to December the 19th
(2007).

Service running now: click here to enter (http://vds.noe-
kaleidoscope.org/consulting/)

This activity consists of a group of TELMA researchers offering
feedback, bibliography and advice to PhD students involved in
technology enhanced learning in mathematics within a fixed period of
time (from 19 October 2007 to 19 December 2007).

The activity is based on an on-line “question/answer” approach: PhD
students can use the forum of the "On line consultancy " section to
submit questions to the TELMA experts. An ITD researcher of will take
care of the questions posed by PhD students on the VDS platform and
will forward them to relevant people in TELMA that will provide
answers and support to the requests made as soon as possible,
hopefully in a few days.

TELMA members also collected a set of key questions and hints that
can be useful for a PhD student. These are reported in our FAQ
section which you can help us to improve providing new questions/
answers/hints using the forum of the On line consultancy section.

Finally we offer you some bibliographical indications in a dedicated
section which is not meant to be comprehensive, rather it is meant to
indicate essential/important reading for beginning and developing a
PhD thesis.

We would really appreciate your help in advertising the service, in
particular:
If you are a PhD student focusing on Technology Enhanced Learning in
Mathematics, please feel free to exploit the service, we will be
pleased to help you.
If you are a supervisor of PhD students working on Technology
Enhanced Learning in Mathematics, please inform your students about
this service: we would really appreciate if you could encourage your
students to take advantage of our help.

Please for any problem with the service site refer to Michele Cerulli
(cerulli at itd.cnr.it).

Maria Alessandra Mariotti
Dipartimento di Scienze Matematiche ed Informatiche
Università di Siena
Piano dei Mantellini, 44
53100 Siena
tel. + 39 0577 233707