[Maths-Education] Fwd: [PSCI-COM] Wales Maths Week 8-12 October 2007

Phillip Kent phillip.kent at gmail.com
Tue May 15 10:21:01 BST 2007

Date:         Tue, 15 May 2007 09:46:07 +0100
Sender:       "psci-com: on public engagement with science" <
PSCI-COM at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
From:         John O'Hare-Price <johnohp at TECHNIQUEST.ORG>
Subject: [PSCI-COM] Wales Maths Week 8-12 October 2007
To:           PSCI-COM at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
           <mailto:LISTSERV at JISCMAIL.AC.UK?body=INFO
PSCI-COM<LISTSERV at JISCMAIL.AC.UK%3Fbody=INFO%20PSCI-COM>

<mailto:PSCI-COM-unsubscribe-request at JISCMAIL.AC.UK<PSCI-COM-unsubscribe-request at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>

<mailto:PSCI-COM-subscribe-request at JISCMAIL.AC.UK<PSCI-COM-subscribe-request at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>

Dear All,

I am organising lectures for Wales Maths Week, which takes place 8-12
October. I am seeking a Welsh speaker, who has a first degree in
mathematics, to give a Welsh medium presentation to upper GCSE and A-Level
students.

The presentation will need to be one hour in duration and will take place at
Bangor University. The speaker does not necessarily need to be working
within a pure mathematics job: he/she can show how maths is used day-to-day
within their role to inspire the students and inform them that maths is a
versatile subject which can be applied to many different industries and
occupations.

If you are a Welsh speaking mathematician or if you know of anyone who might
be interested, could you please contact me off list.

John O'Hare-Price
johnohp at techniquest.org
--
John O'Hare-Price,
Partnerships Assistant, Cynorthwyydd Partneriaethau,

Tel: +44 (0) 29 20 475 475 ext 281
Fax: +44 (0) 29 20 482 517
Web: http://www.techniquest.org