[Maths-Education] maths across the curriculum

Tamara Bibby T.Bibby at ioe.ac.uk
Fri Jun 30 16:47:30 BST 2006

I have been tangentially involved with a mathemataics department instigating
maths (rather than 'numeracy') across the curriculum in a large, split-site
secondary school in London. They've done some co-teaching projects with
colleagues from the geography, IT and drama departments. The maths teacher
who has been running the project asked me if I knew of anything written
about such work - particulalry evaluating its effects - or if I knew other
schools trying similar things.
I've pretty much drawn a blank - can any of you make some suggestions? I
think they might be quite interested in linking with another school doing
similar work.
Many thanks
Tamara

Dr Tamara Bibby
School of Curriculum, Pedagogy and Assessment
Institute of Education
20 Bedford Way
London WC1H 0AL

Tel: 020 7612 6593