[Maths-Education] 0.01 of a national curriculum levelin mathematics?

Gates Peter Peter.Gates at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 6 12:45:57 BST 2006

Isn't it really nothing to do with mathematics or with learning but with
grading and sorting

Even F1 races of 70 laps can be won by margins of 0.01 of a second

Its not how you drive as long as you get their in front.

But of course then Mathematics gets implicated because we assuming its
decimal places.

I think it is all down to the fundamentally reactionary nature of
mathematics education.

Peter
Dr Peter Gates
School of Education