[Maths-Education] Mathematical concepts and ICT

Smith, Peter P.J.Smith at shu.ac.uk
Thu Dec 14 10:07:19 GMT 2006

Hi Tandi - I would think for what you are wanting to research, Geogebra, the online free geometry/algebra software would be important. The ability to alter what you see either by dragging suitable points or objects within your construction OR altering the EQUATIONS of those points or objects sets it aside from other geometry packages. Having used Cabri previously, I have been interested to see how students have taken problems I have set to groups using Cabri, and investigated them in ways which I had not considered, by making use of the extensive information in the algebra window.

Peter

Peter Smith
Maths Education Centre
Sheffield Hallam University