[Maths-Education] Future of SMILE

S.J.Johnston-Wilder S.J.Johnston-Wilder at open.ac.uk
Mon Sep 19 13:49:03 BST 2005

The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea have prepared a Key decision document on the future of SMILE. This is now posted on their

The proposal is made to pursue selling SMILE Mathematics to a commercial body.
If a sale is not achieved within six months, that the position is reassessed and if necessary move to approve the closure of SMILE.
The timing is very rushed.
I wonder if colleagues might join me in sending (polite!) emails to
Cabinet.coordinator at rbkc.gov.uk
expressing their views about the importance of SMILE and the need to take care of it and not close it.
Best wishes,
Sue JW