[Maths-Education] Research Forum at PME 30 Prague

Barbara Jaworski Barbara.Jaworski at hia.no
Tue Jan 25 18:17:03 GMT 2005

Dear Colleagues
PME Research Forums have to be proposed a year ahead.  So for PME 30 the
deadline for initial submission is May 31st 2005.  See
http://igpme.org/forms/RFproposal_next_conference.html

I want to propose a RF in which we will focus on some of the perspectives
in our current research in Norway.  Our main areas of focus could be:
1)  The building and study of inquiry communities in mathematics teaching
development.
2)  The use of activity theory as a basis for analysing and characterising
activity within an inquiry community and identifying issues and tensions.

I should like to hear from interested people internationally whose research
is in the area of mathematics teaching development and draws on theory in
either or both of these areas, with a view to developing a strong proposal
for a RF in Prague.

Regards
Barbara

Professor Barbara Jaworski
Høgskolen i Agder (Agder University College)
Institutt for Matematiske Fag
Serviceboks 422
4604 Kristiansand
Norway