[Maths-Education] Reader in Mathematics Education

PErnest maths-education@nottingham.ac.uk
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:57:22 +0100

Colleagues

I have promised to put together a Reader for Mathematics Education for
RoutledgeFalmer. This will be edited from existing publications, with 75/80%
from their own books and journals (which is quite a lot, esp. in book dept!)

The aim is to offer something of value for both PGCE students and MED students
- some basic theory and research - some valuable introductions to important
ideas - across the range of relevant topics

Any suggestions on what I should put in such a book? I would greatly welcome
suggestions on what you would find useful for your students, both in terms of
topic/content coverage, and also specific references

Thanks for your attention

Paul

Professor Paul Ernest, Leader of Masters and Doctoral Degree Programmes in Mathematics Education   Phone: +44-1392-264796
University of Exeter             Secretary: +44-1392-264877
School of Education and LL       Fax: +44-1392-264736
Heavitree Road                   Email: p.ernest@ex.ac.uk
Exeter  EX1 2LU, UK              Web:  http://www.ex.ac.uk/~PErnest/